Did you know today is Honesty Day? Really! I actually never knew that such a day existed (shouldn’t we be honest all days?). As you can read on Wikipedia:
It was invented by M. Hirsh Goldberg, who chose the last day of April since the first day of that month, which is April Fools’ Day, celebrates falsehoods. On this day, anyone participating may ask any question they choose and the opposing person should give a truthful and straightforward answer.
To be honest, I have had some trouble with honesty in the past – from bigger things to even just little white lies that we all tell
- Yes, I finished that proposal! I submitted, like, last week.
- No, I didn’t eat the last pieces of bacon that were in the fridge. I knew those were yours! I wouldn’t do that.
- Wow Aunt Martha, these beets taste really good. Beets are my favorite.
- What a great picture of your baby…he’s so….pretty.
- I think you’re a great person, too. I’ll call you next week.
- Oh sorry, I didn’t get your text. My phone died. Then fell into the ocean. At which point I saw it get swallowed by a shark with a laser on its head. Which was then caught by a shrimping boat, which spontaneously combusted. I’ll let you know when I get a new phone.
I have made it a big resolution of mine to be more honest. not only to others, but to myself as well. And I would like to think that I am making some good progress.
Anyway, in honor of Honesty Day, let’s make sure to spread some honest love and cheer – or, if you’d rather, get out some of those honest comments you may have been bottling up that might not be so endearing. The choice is yours! Blame it on Honesty Day.